Your comfort is our primary concern. Our doctors are skilled in making procedures as painless as possible.
""Your kindness is greatly appreciated and it is so nice to be able to talk with my patients about what to expect. Thanks again" "
What to Expect During Treatment
Your dentist has referred you to us for a procedure that you probably know as a “root canal.” This treatment enables us to save teeth that would ordinarily have to be extracted. Your comfort is our primary concern. The doctors are skilled in making this procedure as painless as possible.
During Root Canal Therapy
1) A diagnostic exam will be performed to determine if you do indeed need root canal therapy. During this exam, low exposure digital x-rays will be taken.
2) A local anesthetic is given and a rubber dam is placed over the tooth to keep it clean and dry during the treatment.
3) A small opening is made through the chewing surface of the tooth to access the pulp.
4) The pulp chamber and the canal in the root is cleaned out using special small fine instruments called files.
5) The clean root canal system is then filled and sealed with a biocompatible material to ensure that infection doesn’t return.